Monday, November 29, 2010

Extra Credit Blog

Before enrolling in RTF 305, I had never used a blog.  I believe one of the major positive aspects of using the blogs in this course was that it made me think more in depth about the topics at hand.  The main difficulty I encountered with the blogs was trying to clarify what it is the prompt was asking.  For example, when we had to compare a modern day sitcom to All in the Family, I did not know what it was that was considered modern and thought that should have been specified.  How I decided what was modern was by reading other classmates blogs, including one written about The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and deciding that I could choose any sitcom that began after that.  This blog prompt I found very interesting because I do not know much about sitcoms from the 2000's but rather ones the 80's and 90's.  I would not recommend using a blog in a future RTF 305 course.  I feel that having something due on a weekly basis is to often and instead would recommend implementing a few papers throughout the semester.  I am not too sure how the blogging experience can be changed and therefore do not have any suggestions on how to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment